Seeking Beauty in the Mundane
INFJ | ENNEAGRAM 1W2
I’m a fine art film photographer and event designer based in Austin TX. I started this photography + design business to express my creativity and my love for film photography and design, all while being able to share it with the people around me.
I specialize in film portraits and lifestyle photography, and I also love to travel with my camera, seeking beauty through my lens. My style is natural, airy, and fresh, and I strive to make all my sessions as fun and organic as possible. I always try my best to capture the love of a family in an authentic way —the little joys every day that make you smile, and the beauty in the mundane yet chaotic journey we call life.
With photography, the joys are so simple. I will never grow tired of seeing a baby’s laughter, the bliss and hope on the parents’ faces while looking down at her pregnant belly, witnessing the teary smiles as new parents hold their babies for the first time, or the intimate embrace between a couple, old and young. There’s truly magic all around us and it's easy to overlook it. I’m honored to witness these intimate and magical connections that human beings make and to pause these precious moments for you. Being able to cherish and revisit these moments again and again—that is so rewarding to me.
I am honored to be named in “The 9 Best Fine Art Photographers in Austin” on Peerspace, as well as "The Top 10 Fine Art Photographers in Austin" on Giggster. I was featured as "Photographer Spotlight" on Motherhood Anthology. I was also selected as one of the finalists for Belle Lumiere Magazine's photo contest on Instagram.
I'm a graphic designer who enjoys designing anything creative and whimsical, from cute signs and printables, to specializing in event design and styling like birthdays and showers. Each unique design is a reflection of who I am, my personality, character, and thought process. I am mindful about every detail and orchestrate every design with heart, like turning hand-painted artwork into beautiful invitations. My goal is to take your story and create a unique and memorable design that's truly yours.
With design, I love to take on the challenges of new projects and use my hands to turn nothing into something beautiful. I've always had a passion for art since I could pick up a pencil, and that brought me all the way to New York in hopes of pursuing my artistic dreams. My training in design school has developed many of my skills and experiences in graphic design and an eye for color and aesthetics, as well as owning a wedding planning business previously has helped me gain experience in event design and styling now. I would love to be a vessel to help turn your visions and dreams into a reality!
Although I'm no longer accepting graphic design projects, you can still check out more of my work here.
Above all else, I'm designing you an experience.
A FEW THINGS ABOUT ME
- I was born in Ohio but grew up in Hong Kong (all my family are still there)
- I can speak Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese
- I am a very friendly introvert that love to chat 1 on 1
- I studied Fashion Design at Parsons School of Design in NYC
- I had a wedding planning business for 4 years before doing photography & event design
- People think I'm Korean, so much so I started learning Korean
- I married my best friend in NJ
- I've been to 30 countries, Maldives was my favorite (also our Honeymoon)
- I'm allergic to corn (recent discovery and it sucks)
- I can level things perfectly with my eyes (think perfect pitch but with eyes, we tested with a leveler haha)
- I love to interior-decorate homes/ home makeovers and improvement projects as a hobby
- Film photography is my passion
- Puzzles are my favorite way to de-stress
- I was actually born left-handed but switched at kindergarten by a teacher
- I used to volunteer at dog shelters & we fostered puppies! They are A LOT of work though, no joke.
- I love being in water and on beaches
- I have a HUGE sweet tooth
- I love to bake (I make a mean peach cobbler)
- Favorite food: anything Asian (Dim Sum, sushi, Korean, Taiwanese, pho etc.)
- Favorite drink: Any kind of tea
- Favorite colors: lavender and sage
- Favorite TV shows: Friends, New Girl & Runningman
- I am basically Monica Geller: detail-oriented/ super organized/ extra neat freak/ perfectionist
- I have 2 tattoos (learn more about one of them here)
I live in Austin TX with my husband, our two sweet girls, and our pup, Kira. When I'm not busy exploring with my film camera, crafting or designing, I'm usually baking up a storm. My husband and I love to try new restaurants and travel all over the world, for fun and for family! We enjoy spending our weekends with our church family and friends, eating and sharing life together. We thoroughly love being parents to our two girls and adore them so much. But when we do manage to catch a break, we're usually snuggling under a blanket with a good movie in the comforts of our own home, or getting our hands dirty with a home renovation project, like Chip & Joanna Gaines.